Health Research Institute
Public Opinion and Health Issues
Health issues have consistently dominated the top three issues on the minds of Canadians for more than two decades. The health sector touches every citizen, regardless of where they live, their income bracket, their cultural heritage, their gender or their age.
At Ipsos, we’ve developed strategic research programs for government, not-for-profits, hospitals, and other healthcare organizations via the Ipsos Health Research Institute. This is Ipsos’ centre of expertise that focuses on trends in public opinion, quality improvement and program evaluation, and patient and client experience measurement.
We offer a complete range of community and patient engagement services and methodologies (both quantitative and qualitative) to help healthcare providers and system leaders find the evidence they need to make informed decisions.
Our government, not-for-profit, and private sector healthcare clients use our expertise to:
- Gauge public perspectives and attitudes on specific issues,
- Better understand or reposition their reputation to affect public confidence, ability to deliver programs and services, and increase the credibility of their communications,
- Support/increase advocacy efforts,
- Inform and improve member and stakeholder relations,
- Help develop their communications and measure the effectiveness of earned media, web sites, and advertising,
- Design and implement community engagement and patient experience surveys,
- Develop and conduct program evaluations and real-time client experience studies that measure achievements (both real and perceived) and provide recommendations for continuous improvement,
- Conduct employee engagement and satisfaction surveys with health professionals,
- Design and facilitate program and policy development workshops to consult with stakeholders.
For the past decade, we have been the research firm of record for Canadian Blood Services, have conducted public opinion research for the Canadian Medical Association for the past 15 years, and have been the vendor of record for the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care since 2006. In addition to these partnerships, we currently work with a variety of other health sector organizations including Alberta Health Services, the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer, Cancer Care Ontario, Health Canada, the Heart and Stroke Foundation, the New Brunswick Health Council, and Public Health Ontario.